Originally organized and founded by ten successful Greenville businessmen in 1911 as “The Board of Trade Building & Loan Association” the original mission statement was: “A financial institution created for the purpose of mutual helpfulness to citizens of the community in promoting thrift and helping its patrons to buy homes.”
The Association changed its’ name in 1951 to “Greenville Savings and Loan Association”. The Association’s growth led to the construction of a new office building at 233 Main Street which was completed in 1954. Between the late 1950’s and 1980’s several additions were completed. In 1986 a major renovation project to add a drive-thru was completed. The current building represents the growth and expansion of the original building. In 1992 the Association changed its’ name and became “Greenville Savings Bank”.
Greenville Savings Bank opened a second office location in Hermitage, PA in 2002 and a third office location in Neshannock Township, PA in October of 2005. As the branch offices continue to thrive and serve their local communities, we recognize them as an integral part of the Bank’s continued growth and success.
After more than 100 years, the Bank’s original goal of being a locally directed and locally managed financial institution created for the purpose of helping citizens of the community by promoting thrift and helping its customers purchase homes is still being maintained. Greenville Savings Bank remains a mutual (non-stock) state-chartered Bank with a very strong financial position.
We would like to thank everyone involved, past and present, for the astounding success achieved and we look forward to serving our communities in the future.
Greenville Savings Bank’s mission is to create an alternative to the existing "big bank" environment by providing competitive interest rates on loans and deposits with a focus on friendly and personal service to customers.